Water exercises are one of the most refreshing and fun ways to reach your fitness goals. These workouts’ low-impact nature makes sure the person gets an intense workout done without putting much strain on their joints.
This is probably the best thing about water exercises and to make the experience even more effective, there is specialized equipment available on the market. These devices range from dumbbells and ankle weights to kickboards and complete exercise kits.
Whether you are planning to indulge yourself solo or join a club, I’ve thoroughly researched and collated a list of the top 10 best water exercise equipment you can buy this year.
Best Water Exercise Equipment Reviewed
- Aquatic Exercise Dumbbells – Best for Arm Workout
- Kiefer 811400-10 Ankle/Wrist Weights – Best for Strength Training
- TAGVO Aquatic Gloves – Best for Body Resistance
- VIAHART Swimming Kickboard – Best for Lower Body Workout
- HOTOPGELY Paired Swimming Cuffs – Best for Water Aerobics
- All-Pro Weight Adjustable Aqua Power Aquatic Wrist Weights – Best for Increasing Endurance
- AquaJogger Junior Buoyancy Belt – Best for Active Kids
- Speedo Push Plate Sculpt – Best for Versatility
- TYR Pull Float – Best for Functionality
- AQUA JOGGER Active Value Pack – Best Package
Best Water Exercise Equipment Compared
1. Aqua Dumbbells – Best for Arm Workout
Unlike your ordinary dumbbells, water dumbbells are super yet one of the most effective tools you can use in the water. The way they work is you try to work them up all while keeping them submerged in the water.
The weight of the water causes natural resistance in the dumbbells, which eventually allows you to carry out several different workouts with just one piece of equipment.
Some of them include tricep pushdowns, biceps, shoulder rises, along with any other creative workout you would want to go for.
- Made from EVA foam to allow low water absorption
- Works your upper body as well as lower
- Great for low impact workout
- Increases flexibility
- The product doesn’t come with instructions to help newbies understand the use of the equipment.
2. Kiefer 811400-10 Ankle/Wrist Weights – Best for Strength Training
The amazing Kiefer Ankle/Wrist Weights can be clipped together to offer excellent leg and core strength training. Just one pair of this soft and durable neoprene casein with a velcro buckle, and you’re all set for all of your water and dryland exercises.
Many of its customers vouch for how effective and comfortable they are to provide workouts and convenience at the same time.
- Highly comfortable
- The price is worth paying for
- Great for leg and core strength training
- According to a few customer reviews, they are better ankle weights than wrists.
3. TAGVO Aquatic Gloves – Best for Body Resistance
These outstanding webbed gloves are exceptional to get an effective resistance workout done for your upper body and help tone and strengthen your overall muscle. The incredible fit of the gloves makes it easy to get the glove on and off your hand with ease.
This makes sure your gloves stay put during the intense workouts of water aerobics. One of the many things that make it stand out from the rest is how it is available in various sizes to suit women, men, and kids of all hand sizes.
All in all, the neoprene gloves are constructed with high-quality stitching with no fading whatsoever.
- Works well for resistance underwater
- Gripper velcro strap
- They stink!
4. VIAHART Swimming Kickboard – Best for Lower Body Workout
Use a kickboard to practice kicking drills and practice strokes to target specific muscles and get abs. Many people carry out a well-known exercise to hold the kickboard at arm’s length, all while swimming laps force your lower body to workout hard to keep you going forward.
To can easily yet effectively) carry out this workout using VIAHRT Swimming Kickboard, which is armed with phthalate and formaldehyde-free EVA foam to give you just that.
- Easy to hold
- They have been some functionality issues with this kickboard.
5. HOTOPGELY Paired Swimming Cuffs – Best for Water Aerobics
The EPS foam material of the Hotopgely Paired Swimming Cuff is perfect for swimmers who have limited finger control and need to strengthen their body to remain aligned in the water. You can pop each in your ankles, legs, and arms during your workouts to get maximum results.
What’s more, to prove its capabilities, you can expect its durable material to endure the regular wear and tear of water exercises.
- Can be used to suspend ankles, arms, and legs Moderate and resistive device
- They are likely to slip off from your body during workouts.
6. All-Pro Weight Adjustable Aqua Power Aquatic Wrist Weights – Best for Increasing Endurance
The vinyl-coated waterproof iron weight is all you need to kickstart your fitness game underwater. It is specially designed to develop strength and endurance to help improve your performance in not only water-related exercises but in general too.
The neoprene used to make the wights is for minimal water retention and smooth fit. With this, you can rest assured to get premium quality aquatic wrist weights for stepping up your fitness game.
- Safe to use
- Quality and utmost comfort
- Not as durable as many people like
7. AquaJogger Junion Buoyancy Belt – Best for Active Kids
Think of fitness, and there is no way you’re not getting your hands on this incredible AquaJogger Junior Buoyancy Belt that suspends your body vertically in aquatics exercise.
Its quality construction and durability are what has prevailed its name in the fitness industry, and by opting for one, you get to be a part of this specifier community of fitness enthusiasts.
Other than that, this belt offers total freedom of movement for your child to indulge in their favorite exercises to achieve their goals.
- EVA doesn’t absorb water
- Resist damage from chlorine
- Fats drying
- They aren’t tight enough.
- Some people received faulty pieces.
8. Speedo Push Plate Sculpt – Best for Versatility
Get a full-body workout with this highly versatile exercise tool, quickly intensify your regular water activities, and start looking for some solid pounds. It increases stability and allows for a multitude of movements.
With this, you can instantly carry out the upper body and arms. The fitness addle has got you covered regardless of whatever swimming level you may be. Now, the improved tubing at the finger and wrist is great for all enhancing overall performance.
- Increase upper body strength
- Muscle growth
- Not suitable for people with large hands
9. TYR Pull Float – Best for Functionality
If we specifically talk about the TYR brand, it has never failed to make its mark in the competitive swimming market with its performance-driven and highly functional water exercise equipment.
It offers one of the most durable and unique pull floats that allows you to embrace the fitness community and become a part by improving your swimming skills and aching your fitness goals.
- Perfect for warm-up
- Can work up your arms
- Easy to use
- It leaves scratches and dings in your arms
10. AQUA JOGGER Active Value Pack – Best Package
This value pack has everything you need like X-Cuffs, ActiveBells, and Active Belt all in one place. This makes sure you get the best product without hassling to research individual products. The non-stretch nylon belt is fantastic for getting the most out of your daily workouts.
What’s more, to make it easier for beginners, it also includes a workout guide covering low-intensity workouts to build your strength to carry out the professional level ones.
- An excellent way to recover from a past injury
- Strengthens the weak points of your body
- Comparatively affordable
- The ankle resistance comes with limited size options
Best Water Exercise Equipment Buyers Guide. Things to Consider Before Buying a Water Exercise Equipment
Water exercise equipment is undoubtedly one of the greatest ways to make the most out of your swimming and help you reach goals in the most enjoyable way possible. Where good water exercise equipment can make your workout, a bad purchase can have opposite effects.
Different brands come with their prices that offer one feature or the other. Before you go on to buy your water exercise equipment, make sure you thoroughly research the prices and whether it is worth it or not. Here you need to understand the difference between cheap and inexpensive tools.
Once you stumble upon the right product, I’d still urge you to compare alternatives to find the best prices.
First of all, make sure the products are durable enough to withstand the daily wear and tear of workouts. Secondly, before buying any water exercise equipment, look out for a warranty, especially if it’s a big investment.
This also gives you peace of mind that even if you happen to damage it, you can still count on the manufacturers to get it fixed right away.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
#What is the best water exercise to lose weight?
There are numerous water exercises you can opt to help you reach your ideal body weight and appearance in the fastest and healthiest way possible. Here are some of the workouts you can count on to do just that:
- The sprint
- Tuck Jump
- The bicycle
- Use weights
- Water aerobics
#How many times a week should you do water aerobics?
Three days are just fine if you are a beginner; however, try to build it up and do it four times a week to increase the intensity and get results sooner.
All in all, nothing can beat water exercises with their spectacular low impact workout and fun that is second to none. However, I understand how arduous it is to make the best choice when all the equipment is relatively close in competition.
Therefore, if you find yourself stuck in this dilemma, I’d recommend you to go for Aqua Dumbbells since they are highly versatile and allow you to carry out multiple workouts with just one piece of equipment.