You may have hated aerobics training and gyms in general, until COVID and its related necessary evils.
Work from home, lockdowns, etc.
2020, what a year!
Or you probably coming back to your favorite Zumba class. And someone said – or you think you need high-top Zumba shoes for a better experience. Well, you are in luck.
Where Zumba shoes are specially crafted to make each second of your workout enjoyable, high-top Zumba shoes are made to be your knight in shining armor to protect you against painful ankle sprains while you’re having the time of your life.
Don’t forget to stay tuned till the end to see expert advice on how can you find the right shoes for your Zumba classes.
Best High-Top Zumba Shoes Reviewed
- New Balance Women’s WX811v2 High Top Cross Trainer
- Zumba Air Classic Remix High Top
- Ryka Women’s Vivid RZX Cross Trainer
- PUMA Women’s Fierce Core Shoes For Zumba
- Zumba Energy Boom High Top Athletic Shoes
- Alexandra Collection High Top Dance Sneakers
- Reebok Women’s Bb4500 Hi High Top SneakerPUMA Women’s Fierce Cross-Trainer Shoe Core
- PUMA Women’s Fierce Cross-Trainer Shoe Core
- Zumba Street Boss Comfy High Top Active Dance Workout Shoes
- Zumba Women’s Air Funk Stomp Sneakers
High-top Zumba Shoes Comparison Table
High-top Zumba Shoes Compared
1. New Balance Women’s WX811v2 High Top Cross Trainer – Best for Multipurpose
New Balance Women’s WX811v2 high top shoes are a great option to give you the much-needed lightweight support during intensive Zumba training.
Where you expect good Zumba shoes to come up with features to support you during dance movements, these exceptional pair of shoes also allow you to be used in the streets.
Made with fantom tape technology and 100% synthetic WX811v2 comes with an ultimate midsole underfoot cushioning to enhance flexibility makes it seamless to wear.
- Removable insole
- Lightweight to wear
- Suitable for wide feet as well
- Comes in a variety of sizes to match your feet
- No sliding pad
- Limited color options
- Doesn’t have an ankle strap
2. Zumba Air Classic Remix High Top – Best for Females
Zumba Air Classic Remix High Top is the epitome of what we call the comfortable Zumba trainers’. Thanks to its Z-slide technology, these shoes have an excellent pivot point that enables you to dance around the floor effortlessly.
These shoes offer efficient shock absorption and the comfortable insole makes it convenient to wear these shoes in many different types of Zumba activities.
- Shock absorption
- Replaceable insole
- Z-slide pivot point enables flexibility in the shoes
- The style is too funky for some people
- For Zumba, there are a little heavy to wear
3. Ryka Women’s Vivid RZX Cross Trainer – Best for Durability
Ryka Women’s Vivid RZX Cross Trainer are known to give excellent support and durability all while looking elegant on your feet. The footwear comes with a breathable mesh to help keep your feet dry during extensive training.
If you ever have trouble fitting in the right place, the velcro strap at its ankle lets you adjust to the right size for your feet providing a better option than shoelaces.
- True to size
- Elegant style
- Increased longevity
- Comes in a variety of colors
- Doesn’t give enough arch support
- Insufficient cushioning for some customer deliveries
4. PUMA Women’s Fierce Core Shoes For Zumba – Best for Flexibility
If you are impressed by its pretty picture, wait till you find out what these PUMA Fierce Core can do to make your Zumba class awesome. Along with its trendy style, this footwear comes with incredible technical details like increased breathability and flexibility for your movement.
These shoes are specially designed to stay agile in the most extreme Zumba dance movements. What makes us say so?
Well, thanks to its strategically places structure like a pivot point, heel, insoles, and outer sole you can rest assured that these pair of shoes can protect you against any potential health threats that you can with intensive movements.
- Good value for money
- Can a bit small if you don’t buy a size bigger than your usual
- Takes time to loosen up
5. Zumba Energy Boom High Top Athletic Shoes – Best for Affordability
Energy Boom is custom made for people who prioritize Zumba in their lives. Just like most of the shoes mentioned in this guide, these pair of shoes are also made up of Z-Slide technology and lightweight padding glides smoothly on the floor.
- Secure lacing system
- Fits comfortably
- Doesn’t come in sizes for all
6. Alexandra Collection High Top Dance Sneakers – Best for Style
These High Top Dance Sneakers from Alexandra Collection comes in a wide array of sizes for not only for adult but for kids as well allowing you to indulge in fun Zumba classes and spend quality time with your kids.
Whether it is Zumba, aerobics, salsa, or tango, the robust materials used to make these fantastic pair of sneakers are there to support you through thick and thin!
- Comes in a variety of colors
- According to customers, it doesn’t give adequate support
- Some people aren’t very keen on its glossy plastic design
7. Reebok Women’s Bb4500 Hi High Top Sneaker – Best for Support
In Zumba it is inevitable to move around, jump and do complex steps that can surely go wrong if your footwear doesn’t cooperate with you.
Reebok Women’s Bb4500 Hi High Top Sneaker allows 306-degree movement which advances flexibility and breathability. It is cushioned with an air bubble insole to enable shock absorption and support during jumps.
- The manufacturers offer great customer service
- Are known to be the best shoes for high-intensity dance fitness
- Not durable
8. PUMA Women’s Fierce Cross-Trainer Shoe Core – Best for Comfort
This outstanding pair of PUMA Women’s Fierce Core CrossFit Shoes is one of the finest footwear pieces of the Puma Fierce Line. just like what Puma stands for, the footwear not only offers great technical features but also comes with sophisticated designs that allow them to be worn as a fashion statement as well.
Core CrossFit is made with the purpose to let you rock the Zumba classes even under extreme pressures.
- True to size
- Easy to wear
9. Zumba Street Boss Comfy High Top Active Dance Workout Shoes – Best for Comfort
With shock boring and ankle mobility technology these Zumba Street Boss Comfy High Top Active Dance Workout Shoes make it to the top 10 best high top Zumba shoes that you can find online.
What differentiates this footwear from the rest is its magical ability to let you perform without having to feel a thing in your shoes. Vouched by athlete and trendy fashion women Street Boss Comfy High Top Shoes make an ideal choice for some dancing sessions thrice a week.
- Aesthetically appealing
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Comes with vivid and metallic colors as well
- Too narrow, therefore buy a size bigger than your original shoe size
10. Zumba Women’s Air Funk Stomp Sneakers– Best for lightweight
These specially designed Zumba shoes are made with high-quality materials that allow advanced stability, support, and shock abortion to amp up your Zumba experience.
If we talk about the company itself, the Zumba is known to promote fast-action exercise with shoes that make it feel effortless while dancing.
- Z-Slide technology
- Very efficient company service
- Comes with a velcro strap for maximum stability
- You need to buy a size bigger since it’s too narrow to fit your feet
Best High Top Zumba Shoes Buyers Guide
Now that you know the best shoes out there, here are some of the things you must consider before anyone from the 10 pair of high top Zumba shoes mentioned above.
In Zumba, you inevitably have to do complex movements. Therefore, go for shoes that are made of bendable materials to allows you to dance with ease.
Admit it, we all have been there: the most uncomfortable part about working out in Zumba class is when you have sweaty feet that make it harder for you to move around. To avoid that, we recommend that you buy Zumba shoes made with mesh and synthetic materials to allow let the precipitation to absorb in the inner sole and keep it dry for long periods.
We re sure you never cared to give a thought about outer soles, until you find out how important pivot points are to allow flexibility spinning and turning during Zumba. Therefore it’s always a good idea to go for specific shoes that have pivot points made only for Zumba’s extensive dance moves.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I wear my Zumba shoes casually?
Well, the answer isn’t as simple as you may anticipate. Although some of the Zumba shoes are quite sleek and can go with most casual outfits, since they are made by focusing on flexibility and stability, most of them lack durability. If you’re thinking of buying a pair from the list mentioned above and we have mentioned it’s durable, then sure, you can. However, if it’s not 一then you shouldn’t compromise with the longevity of your Zumba shoes.
Is it necessary to spend money to buy Zumba shoes and why can’t I wear my new Sketchers to my Zumba classes?
You can unless you want to trip and get a sprained ankle. Each pair of shoes are made with a specific purpose in mind, some offer forward movements and some strong grip. However, neither of them can help you move around and dance easily in Zumba. Thus, you should stick with shoes that have flexibility and adequate pivot points.
As we all know, Zumba exercises require physical movements like complex footwork, jumping, and spinning which obviously makes you prone to severe injuries and worse can put you on bed rest for quite a long time.
So before things go out of your hands, it’s never a bad idea to invest in a good pair of high-top Zumba shoes that provide the necessary ankle support and help you shine throughout the Zumba journey.
Yes, you want to get your blood pumping and take care of your health in the most fun way possible. I know!
It isn’t as simple as it sounds.
Sure, High-top Zumba shoes can elevate your dancing experience but if you fail to buy the right ones, it can yield the opposite results. And that’s exactly what we have done for you!